Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerhard Gerhard is offline

Default DYKEM spray can warning! (tip)

"Winston" wrote in message
A few minutes ago I was in the metal working part of my small
electronic assembly service plant.

(...)

Thanks Paul,

I just put my Dykem can in a plastic bag.

--Winston

I store my paint cans in used 5 litre plastic ice cream tubs
They are about 20cmX20cmX15cm high. The tub contains
leaks and allows me to sort the cans according to colour or
other criteria.

It also allows me to take the whole bunch to the bench where
I can select the most appropriate can for the job and use the
oldest or near empty ones first. I can also select one with enough
paint to finish the job. A quick glance tells me if I am running low
on specific popular colours or types and allows me to replenish
it before I run out (saved a couple of trips to the store).

The ice cream tubs are also handy to store bottles of woodwork
oils, turps, thinners and other chemicals. it keeps the bottles upright
and prevents the stuff for soiling or damaging the wooden shelves.
Thinners dissolves some of the plastics, so first test the tube before
use. Some plastic 5 litre oil cans are more resistant to thinners.
Remove one side of the oil can and use it as a tub.

In the kitchen I use 2 litre plastic ice cream tubs to keep bottles
of cooking and olive oil, as well as vinegars, soya and other sauces
upright and to contain leakage. All the dribble down the sides stays
inside the tubs and the shelves stay clean.

Gerhard van den Berg
CSIR