Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Battery capacity measurement (IBT-Gold)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:49:19 -0000, "AlanD"
wrote:

http://www.actmeters.com/Gold-IBT-2.php
(no connection etc (no pun intended either g))

I have one of the meters you link to, bought cheap(er) on ebay some time
ago.

Ah, good ...

I've used it with gel-cell batteries as used in UPSs, car batteries and
leisure batteries, and find it gives an accurate picture of the battery, and
often confirms what I suspect for a battery strugging to start a car etc.

The sort of stuff I'd use it on as well, great.

Certainly a new battery gives a far heigher reading that an old one - seems
the meter is doing what it should.

Just out of interest, how closely does the thing measure the value of
a new battery, once you have done any conversions etc? ie, Would a
25Ah car battery read ~25Ah from new on the meter?

To me it's been a good 'investment', certainly useful to have in the garage.

Seem like it might need further investigation. ;-)

Cheers, T i m