Posted to rec.woodworking
01Sporty 01Sporty is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

I'm a weekend warrior, so when it comes to rec.woodworking, I'm just a
lurker. I can't add much to woodworking... unless you need more
sawdust.
But I've learned a lot from you folks - Thanks

Ahh your dilemna sounds all too familiar...
Years ago, I'd have high-tailed back to the store, to be honest and
pay the correct amount.

A few years ago I was given too much change at a burger place. The
gal refused to listen "Sir I know how to count".
I told her "Yes, but I gave you a ten dollar bill, you gave me change
for a 20". She started with the bad attitude routine.
I noticed she kept looking over her shoulder. I tried again, her
reply was "Look, you trying to get me fired? I have other customers
waiting behind you OK"? She was more worried about looking bad, then
her till being off, I dropped it.

At the local borg a few years ago, I had special ordered new
construction windows for my house, I was remodeling. When they came
in, one had damage on the integral "moulding". I knew I could "fix"
the damage, I'd waited long enough for them to come in and I wanted to
get the window installed, cold weather was getting close.
I suggested to the manager "Give me 25% off, I'll sign a waiver on the
damage and we'll be done".
I have no idea why, but that seemed to be a real hurdle for them.
They wanted to negotiate the percentage off. I just bought $2,500
worth of windows, damn-it, $100.00 didn't seem worth the effort. I
settled for $85 just to get the heck out of there.
I hadn't been back there since.

Last week I needed to get replacement extension springs for a garage
door repair job I was in the middle of. The borg I normally go to was
out of stock, so I had to try the other one. I swore I'd never do
business with them again, but they had them, I was stuck. I went
through the check-out, paid with my credit card and went on my way.
Admittedly, I didnt even pay attention to the "cost". When I got home
and filed the receipt, I noticed they charged me for one spring, not
both... I got my $15 plus a couple extra back (interest). I don't
feel bad, even if I should.

Be Safe