Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
kfvorwerk kfvorwerk is offline

Default DYKEM spray can warning!

On Feb 26, 9:27*pm, Ted Frater wrote:
kfvorwerk wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:03 pm, Ted Frater wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:
Wes wrote:
Ted Frater wrote:
I dumped a 4 pack into my car boot. one can touched some tool there,
punctured, and the beer went everywhere.
What a waste!!.
A four pack? *Beer is properly packaged in numbers divisable by 6.
Wes
He said "boot", maybe they pack 'em in fours on his side of the pond?
Jeff
Ah!! *A thinking man!!as well as a drinking one!!/.
* Yes we do over here, but you can also get packs of 6 cans.
* The 4pack happened to be Carlsberg export.

Good choice in beer. Was it the Elephant beer?
Karl

Havnt heard of Elephant beer, just straight premium lager. And very nice
too.
On a metal working note, the cans are aluminium.
Im a silversmith with lots of forging tools one of them is an 1880 drop
hammer. Hammer weight 275lbs. I condense? the empty beer cans between 2
flat dies giving the can about 50 tons! very quickly. about 1/2 second
in fact.
the can collapses down to a disc some 3/16th in thick. Very pretty.
any beer remnants come out as a very fine spray. smells good in the
forge!. Can do about 20 a minuite.
* Ted Dorset UK.

I usually just jump up and down on them. Your way sounds way more fun.
Karl