Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

In article ,
On 2009-02-27, Dave Starling wrote:
Happened to notice a new build going up and dump some goodies in a
skip as they are just doing the snagging. Managed to get around 50
brand new, 7 newton blocks. Movin that lot certainly burnt a few
calories! Theres still more in there, but imagine they'll be gone by
the time I go back!
A couple of years ago I managed to find a skip near a commercial build
which had around 6 bales of shrink wrapped soundpoofing rockwool
slabs.

I once got several modular ceiling light fittings from outside
an office refurb. I used them as temporary lighting when
plastering/decorating, hung on a picture hook or propped up
against a wall. Kept one for future use, but junked the others
after the decorating (they'd got splashed with various things).

I read somewhere once that something like 1/4 of all the building materials
delivered to a site leave in a skip.

and another 1/4 leave in the back of someone's van...

--
Andrew Gabriel