Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_2_] Dave in Houston[_2_] is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

"Robatoy" wrote in message

In a similar vein, I was on my way back from Rochester NY to Toronto,
when just outside of Rochester I saw a burger joint and I decided I'd
best feed myself before the 5 hour drive home. Little did I know that
I was far enough away from the border that the girl at the counter
gave me a look when I presented her with a 20-dollar Canadian bill.
She hollered for the manager, who was a whole lot friendlier that the
girl who, by now, was rocking on her heels, hand on her hip, chewing
gum and radiating bad attitude.
The manager told her the exchange was 35% and walked away. The girl
stood there confused and annoyed and when I tried to do the exchange
for her, she rejected my help with a snap of her gum and a loud sigh.
She got a piece of paper and a calculator and decided that I was
'really' giving her $ 27.00. I tried to protest that the exchange went
the other way, but she would have none of it... just more attitude.
Finally I gave up. So.. She gave me 27 dollars, deducted the 3.50 ±
for the food and paid me $ 23.50 in US cash change.
I let it go. Didn't even feel bad. I was happy with the knowledge that
I really tried hard to help her.
Sooo, for 20 Canadian, I got 30 Canadian equiv. AND a free burger. Now
THAT is change I can believe in..WEG

They walk among us!

Dave in Houston