Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

"LRod" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:18:38 -0500, "Perry Aynum"
wrote:

I bought a couple sheets of plywood and a nice new 10" saw blade at the
BORG, and maybe another $5 item. When the clerk scanned the cart, I guess
she only scanned the plywood, even though the other stuff was in plain
view.

I didn't pay attention until I was pushing the cart out the door, and
glanced at my receipt.

Would you have gone back and informed them of the mistake?

Some great answers here. I have to also point out some conspicuous (to
me, anyway) non-answerers, which may lead me to a wrong conclusion,
but I don't think so.

Anyway, my immediate first answer is yes, of course, and I have a long
history of doing that very thing. My wife was pleasantly surprised to
learn that about me, as she, a strong Catholic, had some reservations
about her choice of a mate who was decidedly agnostic (and who has
since given up even that dodge).

Someone mentioned what amounts to a sliding scale, and I'll confess to
an occasional conscience of convenience, where it would cost me more
in gas to go back and make it right, for example. And, I confess to
having invoked the "Asshole Rule" once or twice (have to be careful
with that one as it cuts both ways...). Of course, as discussed, if
they absolutely INSIST they're smarter than me, for once I will quit
arguing and take their offer.

But by and large, especially if I'm still on the premises, I go back.

--
LRod

Do unto others as you would.......etc.
What goes around comes around.