Posted to rec.woodworking
David G. Nagel[_2_] David G. Nagel[_2_] is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

Morris Dovey wrote:
Perry Aynum wrote:
I bought a couple sheets of plywood and a nice new 10" saw blade at
the BORG, and maybe another $5 item. When the clerk scanned the cart,
I guess she only scanned the plywood, even though the other stuff was
in plain view.

I didn't pay attention until I was pushing the cart out the door, and
glanced at my receipt.

Would you have gone back and informed them of the mistake?

Have done - and even made trips back to stores when I didn't catch a
discrepancy until days later (my ex absolutely despised my doing that,
which may speak volumes...)

I still argue with other small business owners when I feel like a price
is /too/ low, because I really want 'em to still be there to do business
with the next time. (This also allows me to ask for, and frequently get,
a better deal when I think their asking price is too high.)

A number of years ago I bought some metal shelving brackets for
something like $3.00 or so each. I decided that I didn't need brackets
as long as I had bought so I took them back to exchange for shorter
ones. I didn't have the original receipt so they offered me the best
price they had in the computer going back 6 months or so. They offered
$1.50 each. The manager told me to take it or leave it, he really didn't
have to refund me anything. No customer care there. It was 6 months
before I went back BIG M.
I did my shopping at Big Blue and Big Orange. Spent quite a lot. I only
shopped BIG M for certain boards I could not get elsewhere. Then I
discovered BIG Wood... I hate that store....HI HI...

Dave