Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

Perry Aynum wrote:
I bought a couple sheets of plywood and a nice new 10" saw blade at the
BORG, and maybe another $5 item. When the clerk scanned the cart, I guess
she only scanned the plywood, even though the other stuff was in plain view.

I didn't pay attention until I was pushing the cart out the door, and
glanced at my receipt.

Would you have gone back and informed them of the mistake?

Have done - and even made trips back to stores when I didn't catch a
discrepancy until days later (my ex absolutely despised my doing that,
which may speak volumes...)

I still argue with other small business owners when I feel like a price
is /too/ low, because I really want 'em to still be there to do business
with the next time. (This also allows me to ask for, and frequently get,
a better deal when I think their asking price is too high.)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar