Posted to rec.woodworking
Kerry Montgomery Kerry Montgomery is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I am poor enough as it is. I don't need the bad karma. I feel like
it's not my stuff because it isn't. I am proud to turn my hard labor
into things I can own even if I can't get all the things I really
want.

That being said, it is also nice to be careful not to get someone in
trouble for an honest mistake if you do correct them.

However, I won't put up with stupidity very well. I was helping my
sister buy a laser printer way back when they were really something
special. It was supposed to be maybe $1,000. It wouldn't scan and the
clerk tried 3 times to enter the sku number by hand to no avail. Her
supervisor came over to see what was the hold up being very rude to
the poor gal. The sup enters a number and it comes up as the same
brand but it is like a toner cartridge or something for about $50 and
starts to walk away. We called her back and pointed out the error, she
was insistent it was correct and straight out asked us if we wanted to
pay the $50 for the item or not. We did. Then as we are exiting the
store we figure the gig is up, the big security guard stops us, looks
at the recipet and the item, marks it with his pen and says "have a
good day". Sheesh.

I never felt good about it and honestly that printer started breaking
down soon after and we didn't have a reciept to use for return or
anything. Karma?

On Feb 26, 2:18 pm, "Perry Aynum" wrote:
I bought a couple sheets of plywood and a nice new 10" saw blade at the
BORG, and maybe another $5 item. When the clerk scanned the cart, I guess
she only scanned the plywood, even though the other stuff was in plain
view.

I didn't pay attention until I was pushing the cart out the door, and
glanced at my receipt.

Would you have gone back and informed them of the mistake?

Yep,
Did that at REI recently - took 3 shirts to the checkout, didn't notice
until I got home that they'd charged me for only 2. Went back with the
shirts and the receipt a couple of days later - the shirts were now on sale,
ended up paying about $2 for the third shirt.
Kerry