Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default How to keep PVC cement from drying?

"Walter R." wrote in message
I guess there is no miracle cure. Back to small cans and channel lock
pliers. Thanks guys.

--

Walter
www.rationality.net
"Walter R." wrote in message
I work with PVC irrigation pipes, small jobs at a time.

Every time I try to use a previously opened can of cement, it has glued
itself shut beyond redemption.

I am careful not to get cement on the rim of the can, but it takes very
little to permanently glue the can shut.

I am sure I am not the only one who has this problem. How do you guys
cope with it?

--

Walter
www.rationality.net

It might not be practical with the brushes in the lids but I have found that
a layer of plastic wrap between the can and lid works for most screw caps.

Don Young