Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sketup Question

"Charlie Groh" wrote in message
Snip

...will it scale a drawing from one reference? Like, say, I draw a
cabinet and then set the dimension of one of the rails? I fiddled
with the tutorial the other nite and was surprised at the
accessability...if can set the deminsion of my first piece and the
program will scale the remainder, well, I'm in!

If I am not mistaken there are scripts that will do that.. Swingman?

Otherwise, if you draw your rail first and make it into a component and then
copy that component over to another component to eventually form a cabinet,
you can change all of the rail at the same time later on. If you want to
make several different sized rails for other cabinets you make the already
copied and completed rails "unique" so that they will no longer change when
you modify the other component rails.

Over and over I mention components, they are a very useful way to put your
cabinets together. One rail can be the basis for all rails in the drawings
regardless of size or number of sizes. Until you make a component "unique"
it will change with every modification to "like/same rail edits. Editing
one component will modify all "same copiy" components.