Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default At the BORG - What Would You Do?

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
I bought a couple sheets of plywood and a nice new 10" saw blade at the
BORG, and maybe another $5 item. When the clerk scanned the cart, I guess
she only scanned the plywood, even though the other stuff was in plain
view.

I didn't pay attention until I was pushing the cart out the door, and
glanced at my receipt.

Would you have gone back and informed them of the mistake?

Did your parents leave this part out when they were teaching you how to be a
good person?

I was at Woodcraft several weeks ago and bought a load of pen kits. The
bill came out less than I expected so I went back in and confronted the
salesman that checked my purchase. I pulled him over to the side where no
one would hear the conversation and pointed out that he had under charged
me. He examined the receipt and looked at the pieces that I brought back in
and agreed that he missed charging me for those items. He then thanked be
for being honest and proceeded to only charge me for 2 of the 3 items
missed, purposely this time. To this day I get a little better handling
than normal when I go into the store.

In this day and age where so many have lost their way you see a lot less of
the courtesy of treating others like you would like to be treated.