Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default DYKEM spray can warning!

" wrote:

My rules, and a bunch of pens, pencils, paper, and other stuff are
splattered and stuck in a puddle of the stuff.

It all came from a rather new spray can of DYKEM red. A pin hole
developed in the welded seam of the can, about 1 inch from the bottom.
Almost the entire can emptied itself onto the shelves and the stuff on
the shelves.

I remember a guy that was into backpacking, bicycle camping, and such. He had a rule
about radioactive items and how you packed them. In his case he was talking about things
like oil, honey, and such in his pack that a leak would cause much grief with clothing,
books and food.

I try to remember the guys warning everytime I store something that a leak would cause me
much heartburn.

A zip lock is excellent secondary containment.

Wes