Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default DYKEM spray can warning!

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:40:05 -0600, "David Courtney"
wrote:

I had the same thing happen about a year ago.
A blue "Precision Brand" spray can leaked, the red one is still fine
(bought at the same time).
Relatively new can, heated shop... blue dye leaked out and ran down onto
the next shelf.

Shall I mention the time I carelessly tossed a can of spray graphite
lubricant into a toolbox?

" wrote in message
A few minutes ago I was in the metal working part of my small
electronic assembly service plant. I had been noticing a somewhat
familiar odor the last few weeks, but thought it was from something
one of my employees had been doing in the shop. Now I see a BIG mess
of red-black sticky stuff on two of the storage shelves.

My rules, and a bunch of pens, pencils, paper, and other stuff are
splattered and stuck in a puddle of the stuff.

It all came from a rather new spray can of DYKEM red. A pin hole
developed in the welded seam of the can, about 1 inch from the bottom.
Almost the entire can emptied itself onto the shelves and the stuff on
the shelves.

I can clean it up with denatured alcohol,but what a mess! I am going
to take the can back to Fastenall and see if they will give me a new
one.

The can of blue DYKEM looks ok, but I am going to store it inside a
leak proof container. Too late for the red.

Just thought you all need to know!

Paul in Central Oregon.