Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can one get square waste pipe?

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

After serious thinking wrote :
I have a clearance problem running a waste pipe between where I want
to put a washing machine and the adjacent wall. I need an extra
couple of cm compared with the existing 40mm waste pipe that's there.

Bit of a botch, but could you perhaps take the pipe out and heat up the
middle section enough to crush it into more of an oval shape - yet
leaving the ends round where they connect to fittings?

Sounds like the best option to me. One _could_ use 22mm waste with
access points if prepared to rod it now and then and put up with slow
drainage, ie it would function, but squashed 40 would be a lot
better.

NT