Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Sketup Question

On Feb 26, 12:57*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I have been reading the Sketchup posts with interest. *I got a question
for you Sketchup enthusiasts.

How appropriate would Sketchup be for metal projects to be fabricated by a
welding shop? *Specificaly projects made mostly with square tubing.

Their would need to be detailed information. *This would include some odd
angles, very specific lengths and positions of both holes and attachments
welded to the subassemblies.

The 3 D perspective would be nice but not neccessary.

Comments? *Suggestions?

It's not a drafting tool. You'll bend over backwards to make it produce
working drawings. Sketchup is more a modeling and visualization tool that
happens to place a few dimensions and notes, sometimes usefully, sometimes
not. It doesn't do angular dimensions, for example.

Egggggzactly. NOT a drafting tool.