Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Sketup Question

"Leon" wrote in message

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

I have been reading the Sketchup posts with interest. I got a question
for you Sketchup enthusiasts.

How appropriate would Sketchup be for metal projects to be fabricated by
a welding shop? Specificaly projects made mostly with square tubing.

Their would need to be detailed information. This would include some odd
angles, very specific lengths and positions of both holes and attachments
welded to the subassemblies.

The 3 D perspective would be nice but not neccessary.

Comments? Suggestions?

I see no problems in that application.

As far as accuracy, in inches you can go to .0001" or in 1/64" in
fractions of an inch. In mm, .0001mm

3D perspective would be automatic.

Just remember to draw objects/components, not line drawings.

How about dimensioning? I would need the lengths to be very clear.