Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default Unvented cylinders DIY installation

"Tim Downie" wrote in message

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Tim Downie" wrote in message

You've said it's possible with BCO checking in another post. You
seem a bit confused.

That is not DIY as such.

Is that the sound of backpedalling I hear?

Not at all. You can install it with BCO approval, if he decides he
wants to take it on.

I think you're the only one who can't hear it.

You can install it all and leave it dry and
have an approved man check, fill, test and sign off. Either way it
is not DIY as in installing a gas boiler, as a professional is
involved with the unvented cylinder installation.

You clearly cannot service any part of the cylinder as a DIYer and
they need one every year.

So you keep saying but won't provide any evidence that this has to be
done by a professional

It is there so look!!!!! Find it yourself - cheeky sod!. You brought up
the topic. You have been gioven some linsk so get the rest.

I've not seen any info pertaining to a legal requirement for an annual
professional inspection so far. If you can't point to them or find them
just say so.

They are a waste of expensive time, use a
vented heat bank, far, far better and does the CH too and can be
DIYed and no expensive annual service.

Vented heat bank may not be suitable if your boiler is in your loft.

Then stick that in the loft too. Or you can also heat the heat bank via a
coil or preferably a plate heat exchanger to heat the cylinder top-down,
solving that problem.

I know I could use an indirect thermal store or other system but the
thread was about DIYing unvented cylinders, not a platform for you to
parrot on about thermal stores & heat banks.

Heat banks a near zero-risk and superior all around. Only fools fit unvented
cylidners. I see which one you are.