Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default What is it? Set 272

David G. Nagel wrote:

Lucky you. Baling hay is a miserable job.

What's so miserable? You drive the baler down the row keeping the
dimension monitor even between the two sides by moving the pickup
from one side of the windrow to the other and when the "Wrap" beeper
blasts, stop, let it wrap and when done, drop the bale. Repeat...

I'll post some pic's from last fall after we had had a nice rain not
long after we had swathed...right now not signed up at any of the free
hosting sites...

BTDT Couldn't wear the T-shirt due to the straw down my back.

"Straw" and "hay" are two different things...

Didn't do much hay when young; we were almost all production grain
(wheat, milo) but did always bind and shock a fair amount of dry feed.
I'll take handling square bales over shocking from my experience.

The hay fork in the mow hasn't been used for loose hay since before I
can remember; when we did the re-roof and renovations I intended to get
it out and exercise it just for the experience but got sidetracked and
haven't. I'll add a barn picture or two showing it as well...

SW KS...