Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default No Time Left For VCRs?

Ron wrote:

TV. Besides, where will you get tapes? They're going away fast.

A nasty rumor only. I can get tapes easily in 8 hour three packs and
single six hour tapes for $1.99 apiece at Walgreens as well as other
stores like Safeway and Target; there never seems to be any shortage.
I suppose that IF there does come a day that VHS tapes become as
extinct as the dinosaurs and the dodo bird, *then* I'll switch to
something else, but not until that day comes. :-)

VHS tapes - and SVHS for that matter - are readily available in several
lengths and formulas from quite a few online vendors. Anything from Sony
Broadcast Quality to el-cheapo bulk.