Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default No Time Left For VCRs?

GregS wrote:
In article , Ron wrote:

TV. Besides, where will you get tapes? They're going away fast.

A nasty rumor only. I can get tapes easily in 8 hour three packs and
single six hour tapes for $1.99 apiece at Walgreens as well as other
stores like Safeway and Target; there never seems to be any shortage.
I suppose that IF there does come a day that VHS tapes become as
extinct as the dinosaurs and the dodo bird, *then* I'll switch to
something else, but not until that day comes. :-)

I started recording movies on TV years ago and I don't think I ever
rewatched any. I think I have a copy of a half hour HBO cartoon special
my neighbor made in his basement. I do need to check that out. Just
thought of it.

greg

if you are a rabid videophile like me, the problem is that eventually
have more tapes than you have time to look at all of them again. If
they get labeled, then no problemo when you want to find something.
But too many were hastily recorded and not labeled, or worse: the glue
on the label evaporated and the label fell off never to be found
again-- then things get hairy. Now where did I put that Doctor Who
movie... ;-(

Ron