Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bazzer Smith Bazzer Smith is offline

Default Plumbing leaking radiator valve.

Hi,
Upstairs radiator has started leaking slightly from the ftom the top of
the valve which switches it on and off (twist down for on up for off,
fairly basic stuff).

I am wondering what to do, I suppose I will have to buy as similar
valve, old one is compression about 14mm pipe?

Or is it just a washer?

Suppose I have to drain them by tying up the ballcock in the
hot water tank? Or is that just for the hot water?
Are the rads on a different circuit? Fairly standard setup
Glow worm boiler 25 years old ish.

Any help or advice appreciated.
Can't do anything now as it's too late at night,
I tried to stop the leak by tieing a bit off bicycle
innertube over the valvehead and binding it with string to
the pipe then tieing it up above the head but that didin't work well.
I also have some 'plastic padding' leak fix, stuff you mix and it sets in
ten mins, I guess I could have tried using some of that with the inner tube
thing?

Looks disconcertingly like one of these-

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/85665/...010&source=aw#