Posted to uk.d-i-y
Airsource Ltd Airsource Ltd is offline

Default Hot Water Pipe Chased into Kitchen Wall

On 25 Feb, 12:02, "TheScullster" wrote:
Having said that, I have some offcuts of heat resistant matting only about
2mm thick (used to put on the dining table under the table cloth for
protection) - should be able to make room for that.

Good call

Phil

I seem to remember that in A-level Physics we showed that adding
insufficient insulation to a pipe can actually increase heat loss
[1]...Though that was for a pipe surrounded by air. I wouldn't care to
calculate how surrounding it by some plaster/air/breeze block modifies
things....

[1] I forget why, but there's a reference to it at
http://www.cheresources.com/insulationzz.shtml under