Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
[email protected] ravens@netsync.net is offline

Default What is it? Set 272

On Feb 24, 8:20*pm, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
"David G. Nagel" writes:

Rob H. wrote:
Thanks for the info, sounds like you've done your share of work with
hay, I've never worked on a farm so I'll take your word for it and go
ahead and modify my answer for the hay harpoon.

Rob

Lucky you. Baling hay is a miserable job.

BTDT Couldn't wear the T-shirt due to the straw down my back.

Dave

Threshing grain is even worse. *BTDT.

http://www.lurndal.org/images/thresh...hresh2-300.jpg

(That's a farmall M running the belt, and a farmall B hauling the bundles
*and a Super C in the background).

scott

C'mon guys! There are worse jobs than threshing, just can't think of
them at the moment. Done every threshing job EXCEPT working the straw
mow. Had dust allergies so bad I couldn't do it. Working in the field
climbed on the wagon to build back half of load) wasn't too bad.
Assistant unloader @ threshing machine wasn't hard, just noisy.
Bagging oats and taking them into grain bin wasn't bad some places,
Uncles farm had a "corn barn" with grain bins on both stories, but
first floor was about 5' up off ground and second floor was another 8'
up! Take a sack with 2 bushels of oats, prop it up on your shoulder
and hump it up 2 flights of stairs most of the day, you know you've
worked.

Don't get me started, I've got more farming "war stories" than you can
shake a stick at.

Norm