Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
riverman riverman is offline

Default What is it? Set 272

On Feb 25, 10:20*am, (Scott Lurndal) wrote:
"David G. Nagel" writes:

Rob H. wrote:
Thanks for the info, sounds like you've done your share of work with
hay, I've never worked on a farm so I'll take your word for it and go
ahead and modify my answer for the hay harpoon.

Rob

Lucky you. Baling hay is a miserable job.

BTDT Couldn't wear the T-shirt due to the straw down my back.

Dave

Threshing grain is even worse. *BTDT.

http://www.lurndal.org/images/thresh...hresh2-300.jpg

(That's a farmall M running the belt, and a farmall B hauling the bundles
*and a Super C in the background).

scott

And a seriously nice 1951 Chevy parked in front. I was a tinkerer in
my youth; while my friends were getting big arms tossing bales, I was
under the hood keeping the trucks working.

Whatever happened to them olden days? Amongst the misery of working so
hard after school, for pennies if you were lucky, there was a real
health and vigor in that rural lifestyle. Its not all 'agrarian
mythology'.

I sometimes think of how much the world has changed since then. Not
only the material world, but I think of the stunning natural places
that were around then, but are gone now.

Getting older, I guess. Great pictures.

--riverman