Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default No Time Left For VCRs?

In article , (GMAN) wrote:
In article , Roger Blake
wrote:
On 2009-02-23, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Of course with good housekeeping those can be minimised - but a PVR does
all that for you.

Don't need a "PVR," "DVR," or whatever other name you want to give those
useless gadgets. VCRs have meet my needs perfectly for decades and I see no
reason to change.

Hows that horse and buggy working out fur ya????

If nothing else a VCR can be used as an automatic volume control for audio.
Great for TV. Feed it in, and take it out while in rec mode,.
I remember the first HI FI VCR I had with a 100 buttons, sliders. You could
even take off the compression. I had started recording just audio on it.
I still have a bunch of early 80's HBO concerts on tape. Including the Who's
last performance. That was the early 80's i said.

greg