Posted to sci.electronics.repair
krw[_4_] krw[_4_] is offline

Default No Time Left For VCRs?

In article ,
says...
"krw" wrote in message
t...
In article 7f182c31-06db-46f1-8302-
,
says...
On Feb 23, 1:18 pm, krw wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article , krw
wrote:
In article ,
says...
In article , krw
wrote:
In article ,
says...
In article , krw
wrote:
In article fc5e159b-a167-4b49-8205-97b841823391
,
says...=20
On Feb 21, 6:41=A0am, Ron wrote:
I rather like the new digital pictures being broadcast
these days,
but
I have to wonder what is going to happen with all of those
VCRs that
people love to set for delayed programming--- andthere are
a lot of
folks who do tape shows while away or at work-- when June
12 rolls
around and VCR tuners won't be able to tune into the new
digital
signals?

Ron
=20
Who has bought a VCR recently? The only people who are likely
to have
a working vcr today are those who so infrequently use it that
it won't
be a great loss.

I have, within the last year.

Granted, I've ignored those who had one fail and have a
large/
worthwhile library of existing VHS tapes recorded, but let
this be a
wakeup call, that when we are forced to change tech, it's
time to make
backups onto the more current media.

How?
=20

VHS to DVD copy machine ??

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...57304&findingM...

Copy protection?

On recorded tapes ???

Absolutely! My DVDR refuses to copy prerecorded tapes.

I guess it records blank tapes !

Good grief.

I said recorded. Not pre recorded.

Learn to read.

Who needs to record a bought movie. Get the high resolution DVD.

Learn to read. 1) Not all titles have been made available on DVD.
2) Why should I (have to) buy another copy of what I already have a
license for? 2a) I would, but see 1).

Since movies aren't a life necessity,

Apparently too late for this advice but, don't be an ass.

it's hardly important whether
every last one is available on DVD. What if you dupe only those that
aren't available on DVD yourself, or just accept that you don't really
need a library of every movie you've already seen once.

If I bought the movie I'm intending to watch it more than once (and
have most likely already seen it). If you could read you'd have
already understood that I BOUGHT THE VCR BECAUSE WE HAVE MOVIES
THAT WE DO WATCH, MANY TIMES, AND THEY CANNOT BE COPIED TO DVD WITH
OUR DVD RECORDER. Understand now?

what a maroon

Its usenet.. Someone is always going to complain about what you say. Just
don't worry about it.

Not worried at all, though true 'nuff. ...and they tend to be as
illiterate as "email".