Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] sm_jamieson@hotmail.com is offline

Default Splash back idea

On 24 Feb, 18:02, (Anna Kettle) wrote:
I am still planningmy kitchen and have started thinking about
splashbacks

If all else fails than I will use tiles but I want to explore other
options first

I dont want a stainless steel splashback, I think it will look too
much like a commercial kitchen but I have been wondering about having
a copper or bronze one, the colour would suit the room well

However, searching on the internet I find that copper taints food
which is presumably why I have never seen a copper splashback

So maybe I could varnish the copper? Can one successfully varnish
metal? ... I am reaching the end of my knowledge here

Can anyone add pithy thoughts? Or tell me to abandon the idea

Anna

edge-lit glass, in ever-evolving colours ?
I'm thinking about using it somewhere in my kitchen.
Simon.