Posted to uk.media.tv.misc,uk.d-i-y
Sam Nelson Sam Nelson is offline

Default News Individual.Net Problems

In article ,
says...
There's not perhaps about it. How much is Sofa Spud paying for it?
Nothing or Perhaps Nothing?

I don't know. I haven't looked. But whether or not someone is using
their ISP's news server, they're paying for it, if it exists.

It was held together, until ISPs, etc.,
started to bundle it, by enthusiasts that built their news servers out
of odd spares, and hid their news servers from their bosses. For a
while, I was one of them, and I know of two people still doing it.

Do you find this impresses the ladies? Or anyone else?

I don't give a toss one way or the other. Your point? Other than that
you don't have the reasoning capability to handle this discussion?

So, let's get this straight. You don't think ISPs should provide news
servers because it isn't their job to do that, and you want a news
service for free. Exactly where is that going to come from?

Try alt.free.newsservers. Or try reading this thread.

Someone's still paying to run it. They can stop running it at any
time. They can kick users off at a whim.

It may not be costing _you_ any money, but it'll be costing someone.

And? Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and 100s of other email providers don't
cost me any money either. What's your point?

They cost someone something. They're only free at the point of use.

That you don't have a
****ing clue how the internet economy works?

It depends on advertising. One of these days, the advertisers are
going to start ****ing off. There's a recession on, so it could be
soon.
--
SAm.