Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Toughened glass shelves

NoSpam wrote:

Malcolm wrote:
Lobster wrote:
NoSpam wrote:

I'm back to my original quest - where can I get some 8 or 10mm thick
toughened glass shelves (about 550x350) at a sensible price?

I was quoted £51 *per shelf* by my local glass supplier, a couple of
others suggested by people here when I last asked quoted £32 and £40.
Presumably it's so expensive because it's a special run so I was hoping
to find a source of "off the shelf" shelves. I need six or eight so 50
quid each is just a tad too high.

Those prices are about right. I paid £47 for a 6mm piece approx 600 x
500mm toughened.
This from the cheapest glass supplier I have ever found.
8 or 10mm is rather thicker than standard, plus you double the price for
toughened, so you wont get anything any cheaper IMO.
Alan.