Hylourgos

Default ELECTRIC HAND PLANER QUESTION

JT got you the correct link before I checked in again, did you see it?

Despite Silvan's contempt, my experience has been different. The
Homier is, I believe, an exact duplicate of the Hitachi. I took mine
to the local Borg (Lowe's) and compared it: same exact look, same
exact sound when cranked up. Works every bit as good as my Bosch.

Hey, most all this stuff is made in Asia now, it wouldn't surprise me
if they were exactly the same units, one with a brand name and one a
Homier. Anyone who's taken a marketing class knows about multi-tiered
sales. If the Silvan's of the world find the name Hitachi worth a
hundred buck more, hey, more power (and less money) to them. He's
right, most Homier stuff is really cheap. But it's like anything, you
have to check it out before judging if you want to be fair. Note
Silvan didn't say he tried one.

You couldn't pay me to buy an angle grinder from Homier or HF, but I
have a Homier trim router that's every bit as good as my PC except for
the base place. I once did some research on a HF 3 hp router and it
turned out to be made in the same factory as a Makita that looks
suspiciously alike. Open up the schematics (go ahead, it's all on the
web) and they are identical. I got one and love it (I found only one
difference, the plunge rods were not made as well and rusted easily
until I fixed them).

HF makes a 4" planer you can get for about $60 if that extra inch is
important (if you're planing 4x4s for example).

I don't use my for much of anything except trimming doors. For most
other projects, and even doors when it's just a small amount to trim,
I reach for the hand planes. But the electric models are sure nice
when you want to get it off fast.

Cheap-assedly yours,

....no longer in NC

(T.) wrote in message ...
Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 1:44pm (EDT-3)
(Hylourgos) says:
snip go for a $20 Homier snip

Hmm, never heard of that one, and a quick google didn't show up
any. Got a link to check them out? Where'd you run across yours? $20?
Sounds awfully low.

JOAT
There must be a hundred silver dollars in here. I can't handle that sort
o' money, you've gotta be in the league of lawyers to steal that much.
- J. H. "Flannelfoot" Boggis

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 9 Oct 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/