Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Best way to clean refridgerator compressor cooling coils?

On Feb 23, 7:35*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Please be sure to replace the flimsy cardboard. it does
serve a purpose.

Yes, in my case, it served to shelter and hide the rat who took up
residence under there, ripping out fiberglass insulation for bedding,
****ing and ****ting everywhere, sharpening his teeth by chewing up the
plastic drain hose. Drain water now mixes with fiberglass and rat
****/****, and ferments for several months, causing everything metal to
rust.

My cat and I chased that ******* for three months, and of all the rats
I've had to finish after he brings them in the house, that was the
sweetest kill of all.

Or was there some other purpose to which you were referring?

On my fridge, it serves to create an air flow "conduit" /
path.....such that the air is drawn over coils & then blows back out
front over the defrost / condensate tray to improve the evap
performance.

So yeah, it should be replaced.

cheers
Bob