Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Best way to clean refridgerator compressor cooling coils?

"Steve" wrote:
I'm just wondering what others do to clean all the dust and crud
buildup on the compressor cooling coils located at the bottom of the
fridge?? There is almost no room to get a vacuum hose or attachment
near the coils except near the front. Do they make any kind of long
handled brush for this purpose? It says in the manual to keep these
coils clean but how do you get at the coils near the back? or do you
need to pull the fridge away from where its sitting and go from the
back somehow?
Steve

If it's an old fridge (or even a new one) be gentle - I killed a fridge by
being a little to aggressive with the cleaning. Took about a week, then
kaputt.

Jon