Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default distance between tv aerial and mains socket?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I'd be most surprised if mains carried frequencies high enough to cause
problems - and in any case decent cable should be pretty well screened.

It certainly does...my thermostats cause horrendous arcing and make rude
wounds on every radio and TV...

I'd say I've got the normal number of thermostats here and perhaps more
than the normal amount of AV equipment - and have never heard or seen a
thermostat operate on any of it.

If you do something is very wrong. Are you in a very poor signal area for
TV and radio?

Not particularly, no. They are just crap thermostats running inductive
loads - fan blown water convector heaters.

One day I'll get some better ones...