Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default House Tech wireless TRV system ?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:32:01 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
Some makers ('Optima' and possibly Wickes) state, "... the head and body
must not be separated, they are a calibrated pair and must be used with
each other."

Calibrated to what, I wonder? Since all the ones I've seen don't have
actual temperatures on them. Apart from the anti-freezing setting, I
suppose.

The Optima version has numbered settings 1 - 6 with intermediate marks
between the numbers and the manual gives a range of actual temperatures
for each major marking. The manual is also quite emphatic about the
calibration - "... the head and body MUST be used in conjunction with each
other." It seems rather bad marketing to make head replacement impossible
in the event of failure unless they offer a re-calibration service with a
replacement head.

The Wickes version appears to be their own brand version of the Optima
judging by the installation guide.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door