Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default House Tech wireless TRV system ?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:06:53 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
jives11 writes:
Hi,

I'm starting to see a system advertised called House tech, which
consists of motorized TRV's and a room thermostat. Both the TRV
'head' and the stat are battery powered and communicate wirelessly, so
the stat part does not have to be physically close to the radiator. I
wonder if anyone has any experience of these ? I think the system
comes from Germany.

I ask because generally I find that TRV's don't work especially well.
I have two teenagers who spend a lot of time using PC & games consoles
in their rooms which get very warm, while the rest of the house maybe
on the cool side. A smarter TRV system i.e one that works , would seem
a good move.

Might just be that your TRV heads are worn out.
You could try renewing one of the heads, to see.

Some makers ('Optima' and possibly Wickes) state, "... the head and body
must not be separated, they are a calibrated pair and must be used with
each other."

If a new head is fitted it might give misleading results, although it's
difficult to see why calibration should be so important in this case.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door