Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default House Tech wireless TRV system ?

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article
,
jives11 wrote:
I ask because generally I find that TRV's don't work especially well.
I have two teenagers who spend a lot of time using PC & games consoles
in their rooms which get very warm, while the rest of the house maybe
on the cool side. A smarter TRV system i.e one that works , would seem
a good move.

Have you actually measured the room temperatures before the kids start
playing and after they've been doing so for a while? Are the rads in that
room shutting down? It's just that the body isn't a good judge of absolute
temperature - it depends on lots of factors which a thermostat can't take
into consideration.

If the TRVs aren't maintaining the temp you want have you tried changing
the orientation from vertical to horizontal, say?

Or checked that they work at all? The valves can stick, though IME they
tend to stick closed.

I've generally found that TRV's to work pretty well, but they won't stop
a room getting hot from otherways.

And I assuem the TRV's are turned down ? I'd turn the trv right off and
see how it goes.
--
Chris French