Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Best way to clean refridgerator compressor cooling coils?

On Feb 22, 8:10*pm, Steve wrote:
I'm just wondering what others do to clean all the dust and crud
buildup on the compressor cooling coils located at the bottom of the
fridge?? *There is almost no room to get a vacuum hose or attachment
near the coils except near the front. *Do they make any kind of long
handled brush for this purpose? *It says in the manual to keep these
coils clean but how do you get at the coils near the back? *or do you
need to pull the fridge away from where its sitting and go from the
back somehow?
Steve

I use one of these in conjunction with a shop vac.
The shop vac sets up suction to carry away dust bunnies that are
dislodged by using the brush.

http://www.acehardware.com/sm-rubber...i-1279693.html

If I'm feeling energetic, I'll roll the fridge away from the wall and
poke the brush in from the back side. One some fridges you have to
remove a flimsy "cardboard" panel on the back of the machine to get
good access to the coils.

cheers
Bob