Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Why I shop at Ace Hardware

benick wrote:

wrote in message
I like the Ace hardware store way way better than the lows or home
depot.
You can actually get help
You don't wait in line like the big box stores
A special order is pretty easy
The product quality seems better

McQuades in Westerly RI is my Ace store, good folks.

Another thing that cracks me up is every couple of weeks you guys feel
the need to start this thread over again as if to justify yourself and
make sure there are still a few left who have the time to miss work and
wealty enough to pay extra to shop at the little stores..What's the
matter , that warm fuzzy feeling starts to fade and you need a slap on
the back and an atta boy from others who still feel the same way....ROFLMAO

I remember the year my children went Christmas shopping for us. They
were about $3 short of the purchase price, but the clerk let them take
their purchases. We stopped in afterward to settle up. My daughter
started working when she was 13. She arranged to buy some custom-made
jewelry at a shop in the mall where she worked. The owner gave her
credit! She paid it off, as agreed, all without our knowledge.

When the panic was on over Fannie/Freddie, same daughter sold her
business to change jobs. Sold her biz. on Craig's list for the asking
price to the first comer. Those who can, do........ (Single mom, to boot).