Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Why I shop at Ace Hardware

clipped

I agree...Especially since Walmart and Macdonalds are the only ones
making any money now..It seems when money is tight some fall off their
high horses and buy things where their dollar buys the most..I chuckle
seeing all the Volvos , Saabs , Toyota Landrovers and SUV's packing the
Walmart parking lot theses days..Speaking of Autos , how many of you
Walmart bashers drive AMERICAN autos?? Or does your buy local American
made only apply to retail stores and hardware stores ??? I suppose
Walmart is to blame for JUNK American cars too and not the union and bad
management...I suppose you all also think the unions had nothing to do
with pricing themselves out of the market and forcing the companies over
seas to compete...You guys crack me up.....LOL....

I almost forgot - my '84 Buick runs fine. A tad rusty. Only lemon I
ever bought was a brand new Datsun. Owned three Chevy's, one new; all
great cars. Agree the unions have priced themselves out of many jobs,
and have no sympathy for that - another major problem for manufacturing
is the Worker's Comp. system - ought to be trashed, but no pol' will
ever have the guts to suggest that. Unless Obama gets universal
healthcare, but highly doubtful even then. My grandkids don't work yet,
but they will have to pay off our horrendous debts first.

Saturn was a great little car - for a while. What happened with Saturn?
Dumped in favor of trucks and SUV's?