Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.media.tv.misc
Angus Rodgers Angus Rodgers is offline

Default News Individual.Net Problems

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:33:06 -0000, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

Anyone using"news individual.net" as a news server .I've not been able
to get connected for hours .

I moved to motzarella.org when I got ****ed around over them failing
to take payment from 3 different credit cards.

Tell me about it. It took months for Click&Buy to accomplish the
simple task of updating the expiry date of my MasterCard (without
changing the other details) OR deleting the old record and creating
a new one, OR doing any of the other things one might logically
think of doing in that situation. Their website made it literally
logically impossible to extricate oneself from the problem, and
their customer service people repeatedly failed to understand or
respond to my simple explanations of what the problem was. How it
eventually got sorted out, I forget, and I never even completely
knew, because I was so fed up with it that I never even read their
final e-mail to me on the subject. Somehow my credit card did in
the end get debited, because someone at their end must in the end
have updated the details manually. It wasn't as bad as dealing
with the Inland Revenue spit, but it made about as little sense.

The service is just as good, and completely free.

If the credit card nonsense happens again, I'll look into that -
thanks for the tip! Meanwhile, I'm as happy as ever with Nine
Inch Nails ... sorry, News.Individual.NET ... themselves, just
not their payment system. (The old payment system worked fine.)

The notice is still up there at their website:

"Important Notice: News server maintenance ongoing
NNTP access currently might be limited or impossible.
Please try again later."

No access problems for me since yesterday, though.

--
Angus Rodgers