Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default distance between tv aerial and mains socket?

In message , Stephen
wrote
Is there a recommended distance to keep between a tv aerial socket and
a mains socket? I'm thinking if they are too close would the aerial
pick up interference? I had a quick flick through the OSG but all I
coul;d find was something about keeping telephone lines 50mm away from
mains cables, which IMO seemed a very small separation but entirely
irrelevant to my original question! TIA, Stephen.

You can un-screened and fully screened TV aerial face plates
http://www.triax.co.uk/Products/Wall...eened%20Outlet
s.aspx

You can get 100% copper screened aerial down-lead cables and cable with
barely any screening at all.
http://www.amac.f2s.com/cable2/
http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/coax-cable-quality-hmdi-m.html

Terrestrial digital TV can suffer from local electrical interference so
the 'safe' distance between a mains socket and an aerial wall plate
socket may be dependant on the quality of cable and face plate being
used.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com