Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default those high powered flashlights (Halogen?)

On Feb 22, 5:15 am, mary wrote:

At first it worked but when I reassembled it ,it stopped working.

I have one with a "sealed" lead acid battery which suddenly stopped
lighting the bulb even though a meter indicated that there was more
than 6 volts at the bulb contacts. When the bulb was inserted the
voltage dropped to almost nothing.
I prised out the rubber plugs on the battery and added distilled
water. It seemed to soak up a lot - I had to add water about 10 times
using an eyedropper.
I then charged it and the torch runs perfectly again.
Leave the plugs out of the battery when charging it the first time
after adding water, or else the plugs will shoot into the air and
disappear.