Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Question about a woodworking show

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:jYZnl.14337$as4.11743
@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

"Han" wrote in message
have to remember that this Lowe's, like the new Home Depot, also in
Paterson off Rt 20, are in 3% sales tax zones. Regular salestax in
Jersey is 7%.

Is that to attract people to the more adventurous neighborhoods?

Yes, Jersey has these development zones where to get commerce going they
lowered the tax rate. Who decides on what where, I don't know. I just
take advantage. Usually I like to bike a few hundred yards to Goodman's
Hardware. They have most everything I need that can be had from a
neighborhood hardware store, including shellac. Today I had to go far
afield to cash in my Costco Amex rebate, and decided to go by Lowe's on the
way back. It was hard, but I managed to skip a visit to MicroCenter
computers next to that Lowes ...

--
Best regards
Han