Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Question about a woodworking show

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
I'd agree to that, Ed, although I am originally from about 3,000
miles ENE of that area, across the North Sea about 70 miles, not far
from 51° 59'11N 05°39'52E

After the Boston area now in the NYC area.

--
Best regards
Han

Droevendaalseseteeg Road?

That was the first thing that came up when I googled Wageningen and
longitude.

Generally, a "steeg" is a small road, or rather alley. In this case it
used to be a narrow road through the grasslands there, but now is a
somewhat bigger road with university/research buildings. Droevendaal is
probably the name of an old farm(stead). One meaning of daal or dal is
valley, and droef means sad. Looking up droevendaal gets you first a
link to a picture of a toilet in student housing, secondly a link to the
"Organic Experimental and Training Farm Droevendaal". That picture is
very much like the area where I grew up. I can smell the landly smells
(natural fertilizer from the farms' animal stalls!) from my youth!!

Wageningen is an 800 year or so old "city" with a world famous
agricultural university. It is also the site of a 5-day battle at the
start of WWII, and the surrender of German troops to General Foulkes (on
May 5, 1945
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles...adian_general).

--
Best regards