Posted to alt.home.repair
Dorothy Dorothy is offline

Default Microwave-range hood combo

On Feb 20, 12:19*pm, Jay Chan wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:52*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:

We are remodeling our kitchen and the stove will be relocated. *When
range hood ducting was mentioned the sales person suggested getting a
microwave-range hood combination and no ducting would be required. *It
blows through a filter and then back into the kitchen.

Does anyone have experience with this type of arrangement and what are
your comments.

Thanks,
G.S.

I have a microcover vent hood that vents outside. *But still it is not
good. *I have a feeling that the one that doesn't vent to outside is
even worse.

Jay Chan

When we remodeled our kitchen we put the stove in the same place it
had always been but we removed the vent that had been over the stove
- vented to outside through the roof. We put a new microwave over the
stove and the microwave has a vent/fan that is vented outside like the
old one.I am not too tall but can manage the microwave without any
problem and that is even with a burner going on the stove. I don't
have a lot of other people sharing the kitchen with me - three people
live here but no more than two of us are usually in the kitchen at the
same time. The kitchen is very small ... and not having to use
counter space for a microwave is a good thing.