Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Water Hammer In Kitchen Faucet

On Feb 17, 9:14*am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Have the typical single-handle Delta faucet in our kitchen.

Has recently in the last few weeks developed a water hammer when turning it
such that the cold water is put on.
Water hammer only when turning on.

So, I replaced the two springs and rubber "top-hat" gaskets in the faucet
that contact the ball.

Still have the water hammer.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem, and what to do about it other
than replacing the faucet with a new one ?

Thanks,
Bob

Problem may not be in the faucet. The cutoff valve under the sink may
be the culprit. First make sure the valve is turned all the way on and
see if this fixes it. They should be all the way open or closed, never
in between. I had a water ammer problem that drove me nuts for nearly
a year and found there was a valve hidden in the wall. The hammering
started any time the water down stream from the valve was turned on.
The noise didnt sound like it was coming from anywhere near the valve.
The only way I found it was with the help of a neighbor who was there
when the house was built and he remembered the valve in the wall.

Jimmie