Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Was W this stupid?

I admit to being a Bush fan, but on a declining basis as he neared

the
end
of his term. So, I let him slide on a lot of stuff.

Today, Purple Lips said our country's electric grid was much the

same
as
in Thomas Edison's day. I guess he never read about Nikola Tesla or
alternating current.

I was in a car wash and laughed my ass off at the captioned picture.
When my wife asked me what I was laughing about, I explained it to

her
and a couple of onlookers and they got a laugh, too.

Liberals have no use for actual facts when perpetrating an emotional
manipulation scheme. Just forget what is right an what is wrong and
embrace the horror they have planned for us.

Turns out it's not Obama who had the facts wrong, Tesla actually worked
for
Edison for a short time and alternating current was developed while
Edison
was still active in the electrical business.

Short form: Edison thought Tesla was a crackpot and fired him - and
when Tesla later developed practrical AC power it threatened the
Patents that Edison held and Monopoly positions he had developed in DC
equipment and services.

Edison declared war and did his best to tear down Westinghouse and
Tesla in the media and proclaim his DC as safer. Well, you can see
where that went...

Tesla was probably a bit crazy, but it was a good crazy.

Edison wasn't an inventor as much as a Pointy Haired Boss -
Developing the lightbulb they didn't follow a systematic method of
coming up with a good filament, Edison just had all his lab assistants
throw every material they could come up with at it, and develop the
solution by brute force elimination. And the first few "sucessful"
filaments really weren't all that good, like carbonized bamboo and
carbonized cotton thread. Tungsten came much later.

Tesla quit after he believed Edison cheated him out of a promised bonus.
But my point is that Tesla, although younger than Edison, was a
contemporary, and most of the elements of the modern distribution system
were in fairly wide use during Edison's lifetime, even before he more or
less left the business and got into mining, etc.. So to say that Obama

is
stupid and must never have read about AC or Tesla is not an informed
statement.

So, then, just where IS the power grid in the condition it was during
Edison's day? I say Obama is stupid just from listening to what he says

on
a lot of things.

Steve

All I can ask is what would you be if Obama is stupid? When you consider
that you are so far behind him in both IQ and in educational achievement, if
he's stupid that makes you, what, a victim of Downs Syndrome?

Hawke