Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Was W this stupid?

snip

But the sign on the front of the machine: "STOP GLOBAL WARMING"

attracts
stupid, gullible liberals. (pardon the redundancy) Another sign to
use
would be: "FREE MONEY FROM YOUR GOVERNMENT". Do you see why it

won't
work on conservatives?

Sure. Most of them can't read.

--
Ed Huntress

Maybe you should explain to him again the difference between education

and
vocational training. Because it seems like there are really very few
educated republicans, and which he's a good example of.

'Never were many broadly educated Republicans or Democrats. Before WWII a
liberal college education was for the elite. Then came the GI Bill and
everyone had the chance. But not many wanted it. They wanted a better job
and more money. So they got technical or business degrees. As time went on
those subjects became more complex and demanding, and then there was no

time
left for a broad education anymore.

To get a broad, classical education, a kid really has to go against the
grain. And that's been true for 50 years. Even if they go to a top-rated
liberal arts college, like Amherst, Carleton, or Williams, once they

declare
a major they're in the same squirrel cage as the kids in the
mega-universities.

It produces some funny results, IMO, like an Ivy League-educated US
president who sees everything in terms of good an evil, with nothing in
between, and who doesn't know the difference between Sweden and

Switzerland.
I'll never forget Bush for that one.

Training to do
business isn't an education it's vocational training. Maybe that is why
conservatives are so obdurate and stick to their simplistic values and
ideas
no matter what facts come their way that contradict them. From what I

read
around here you are entirely correct about their being a lot of fat
between
the ears of conservatives. But then it's always been that way.

Hey, don't pin that on me. I was pulling Tom's chain, because he was in
trolling mode and he asked for it. d8-)

Don't get so down on conservatives. Predictable, reliably reverting to
stereotypes, they simplify the businesses of clothing design and hair
styling, boosting economies of scale. They tend to have similar
epidemiologies and they die from similar diseases, providing a good supply
of uniform cadavers for medical students to dissect -- it couldn't be

better
if their livers and kidneys were color-coded. And *somebody* has to buy

all
those damned pickup trucks, right?

--
Ed Huntress

Hey, thanks Ed. Without that I would never have realized the good that comes
from conservatives. Here I was thinking they were less than useless. Gee, it
is true. You do learn something new every day.

Hawke